As you shift to a more whole foods, less processed Paleo based diet, you may find that you tend to cook at home more. The good news is that not only is this a great for your health and wellness, it is also a great way to save on your food budget. But if you are going to be cooking at home more, you definitely want to make sure your kitchen is well equipped to making cooking fun and easy. In addition to your basic stock of standard kitchen supplies, the following tools will be helpful as you cook more Paleo recipes at home.
- Slow Cooker. A slow cooker makes all types of cooking at home easier, but is especially great for many paleo recipes. Toss in your ingredients in the morning, and when you come home in the evening dinner is all ready for you. A slow cooker can also help save money in your paleo budget by cooking less expensive cuts of meat to the point they are tender.
- Spiralizer Tool. This much buzzed about tool will make turning vegetables into thinly sliced pasta replacements a snap! Try zucchini, sweet potatoes, carrots, and more!
- Good Knives. Sharp knives will help you chop veggies, dice meats, and more. You’ll save yourself time and trouble by investing in a good paring knife and butcher’s knife. Build the rest of your collection over time if needed, but you won’t regret these two basics!
- Sautee Pan and Stock Pot. Like with the knives, you can build your collection slowly with pots and pans, but these two basics will be a tremendous aids in preparing all sorts of Paleo recipes.
- Baking Sheets. Not only are baking sheets needed for any Paleo sweet treats you may want to bake, they are also great if you want to try making your own kale chips or crackers.
Have a favorite that we missed? Be sure to share your favorite in the comments section!
Today’s Paleo Meal Plan
Smoothie Bowl. Take a new twist on a smoothie by blending together greens, frozen banana, and coconut milk (use less than you would for a smoothie for a thicker consistency). Top with fresh berries, chopped nuts, and chia seeds.
Apple Sandwich. Cut two thick slices of apple horizontally. Spread one slice with almond butter and top with other slice. Serve with a side of kale chips.
Roast Chicken and Veggies. Make this comfort food classic easily by cooking roast chicken along with carrots, onions, and parsnips in the slow cooker. Cook on low 8 hours, adding the vegetables about halfway through.
Guacamole and Veggie Dippers. Avocado provides a great source of healthy fat. Mash together ¼- ½ ripe avocado with a splash of lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper for a quick and easy guacamole. Use raw carrots, cucumbers, and/or bell peppers for dipping.